Saturday, October 1, 2011

Inductive Bible Study seminar to Japan

It has been a while since I have posted to this blog, but the Lord continues to work on me here in Japan!  He showed me clearly over the last few months that I am to focus very strongly on my family, which remains my primary ministry.  So documenting that ministry belongs on our family blog, which is a private one that requires an invitation; if I have not invited you and you would like to join, please forgive me and email me at maxx.godsey@gmail.com and I'll get you on!


But there is one ministry to highlight here, especially because prayer is so much needed for it.  Pastor Dan Finfrock of Intensive Care Ministries is planning on coming to Tokyo the first week of November to conduct the first ever Inductive Bible Study seminar here.  It is a very exciting time for me personally, as I have been praying for three years now about how I might assist his ministry in being introduced to the church in Japan.  As in America, there is clearly a desperate need for Christians here to fall in love with the Bible and to read and study it systematically.  The Living Word of God changes lives, and the gift I was given of approaching the Bible inductively is one I pray to see given to Japan in abundance.  


The Lord has been so good to us, and has given my pastor here, Chizuo Sakurai, the vision to host the first seminar and to assemble the team needed to translate ICM's IBS handbook into Japanese for the first time.  I am assisting in that effort, and we are in the last big push of the project.  I seek your prayers for this endeavor:


-Please pray for the translation team, for diligence and perseverance in a difficult task.  
-Pray for the Holy Spirit to touch many Japanese Christians and bring them to the 2-day seminar.  
-Pray for Pastor Chizuo's interpretation during the seminar, and for his leadership and the members of Jesus Community church to come together with the logistics of the seminar.  
-Pray for Pastor Dan as he will be coming to Tokyo directly from another seminar in Hungary, pray for his health and strength and anointing.  


You can learn more about Jesus Community and Intensive Care Ministries through their websites, and of course feel free to contact me if you would like to learn more about it.  


Jesus Community- Calvary Chapel Kokubunji
http://www.calvarykb.org/

Intensive Care Ministries
http://www.icmbible.org/index.html/

God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment